Throughout the Victorian age, parties that featured a séance were all the rage. Hosts would gather people together to contact the dead. In recent years, there has been increased skepticism towards séances. However, a lot of people continue to believe that making contact with the dead is possible.
If you’re planning to hold a séance in your own home, you need a few likeminded people and a few vital supplies.
When choosing participants, select people who believe in the possibility of communicating with the dead, skeptics can harm the séance’s chances of success. And because the experience can be intense, it is usually best to keep young children out of the circle.
Otherwise, all you need concerning supplies is a round or oval table, candle, and food. Both the candles and food are believed to attract spirits who are looking for warms and sustenance.
How to Hold a Séance
To hold a séance, and increase the chances of contacting a spirit, follow these steps:
- Assemble the Participants: Gather the people who will participate. Some say the number of participants must be divisible by three. But this does not seem to be an absolute rule. No fewer than three people should attempt a séance, as it can be emotionally and physically exhausting on a small group.
- Choose a Medium: You might want to choose a medium among the participants. This could be a person who has had experience with séances or someone who has displayed that they’ve got psychic abilities.
- Use a Round or Oval Table: This helps create the symbolic circle believed necessary for the ritual. A square or rectangular table would make it more difficult to join hands.
- Set the Table: In the center of the table, place some simple and naturally aromatic food, such as bread or soup. This is believed to help attract the spirits who still seek physical nourishment.
- Light Candles: Also in the center of the table, place no fewer than
READ MORE HERE: https://www.liveabout.com/how-to-conduct-a-seance-2593035
Reblogged this on Ravenmagik.